2019 brings Nebraska’s 150th State Fair and the 10th State Fair to be held in Grand Island, Nebraska. 2019 has also brought our beautiful state much flood and devastation. With these thoughts in mind, this Fairabration Outdoor Lawn Exhibit Contest will REPLACE the Hay Bale contest this year. By NOT SUPPLYING a Hay Bale as the required medium, the Fair is able to open this contest up to statewide Nebraska participation. By accepting photo entries of lawn exhibits located at any Nebraska physical address, every county in the state can now participate!
Check out our entries! You can vote for your favorite exhibit now through Thursday, Aug. 22.
- Aug. 5-11: Photo Entries Accepted (entry deadline 5pm, Sun, Aug. 11)
- Aug. 12–18: State Fair Officials Judge photo entries (1st, 2nd, 3rd places)
- Aug. 19–22 (4pm): People’s Choice Judging via online contest (one People’s Choice award)
- Aug. 23 – Sept. 2: Nebraska State Fair!! COME CELEBRATE the 150th/10th State Fair in Grand Island!
Contest Judging Criteria
- Eye appeal / Construction / Use of materials / Creativity
- Judges will deduct points for Contest Guideline violations within the display (Guidelines listed below)
- Judges will award extra points to bales who incorporate the 150th and/or the 10th year celebration, or any overall element of the Nebraska State Fair
- Build an OUTDOOR LAWN EXHIBIT to proclaim your support and excitement of the Nebraska State Fair.
- Entries are built on your own, using your own base materials and decorations, setting up, and displaying at your own location. Hay bales CAN be used, but will not be supplied by the State Fair.
- Entries will be judged by electronic photo submissions here
- State Fair Officials will judge photo entries to determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places winners.
- Maximum number of entries for the contest is 150
- Base Materials: custom build or re-purpose a structure to decorate in State Fair theme.
- Custom Build: use wood/metal/plastic/other material to construct a solid base structure.
- Re-purposed: use an existing structure such as an antique tractor, wagon, livestock feeder, stack of tractor tires, holding tank, etc. to form a sturdy and sound base of your exhibit.
- Decoration for Exhibits should include one or more of the following:
- The 2019 State Fair is the 150th Nebraska State Fair
- The 2019 Fair will be the 10th State Fair to be held in Grand Island, NE
- Represent your favorite aspect of the State Fair: agriculture, food, concerts, entertainment, competition, Nebraska pride, the carnival, or any overall State Fair memory.
- Contest Entries should include the 2019 Fair dates: Aug. 23 – Sept. 2.
- Minimum Contest Entry SIZE: 5’ tall x 5’ wide, and 3D.
- All Exhibits MUST be RAIN AND WIND TOLERANT…built to last at their location through Sept 2, 2019.
- Use of business, organization, or civic group logo, slogan, and/or mascot will NOT be allowed within the design, NO commercial, business, or political signage of ANY KIND is allowed for the contest.